Sunday, January 13, 2013

Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare Book Review


Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2)
by Cassandra Clare
Published December 6, 2011 by Margaret K. McElderry Books
502 pages

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at least found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street -- and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.

With help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from the mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move -- and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will -- the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?


As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

Clockwork Prince is the second book in the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. The prequel series to the Mortal Instruments. In this book, Tessa and the rest of the London Institute crew are back and trying to figure out where the Magister has gone and how to stop him along with his clockwork army. Will is hiding a big secret -- and no one knows what it is -- as he struggles to fix something long ago set upon him, the mystery darkens around the Magister as well as Tessa and her origins.

This book was even better than the first. I'm absolutely in love with all these characters and the interesting story line. I'm starving for the third book. I couldn't put it down. I wanted to know what happened next and who was deceiving who. I've also fallen in love with the love triangle. It is heartbreaking but it's incredibly captivating. I like Tessa even though some of her actions bother me to no end, but I really do like her.

This world of Shadowhunters is so different and original. It's a world I can't get enough of so I'm forever grateful to Cassandra Clare for expanding on this world with different stories and different characters. It's so entertaining and the books are some of my favorites.

There were also some great quotes in this book as well. One of my favorites happens to be:
"And doing nothing, I find, rarely accomplishes anything."
This sequel to Clockwork Angel is even better than I could imagine and continues the story beautifully. Even if you weren't fully convinced on the first one, give this one a try because I believe it to be even better!

My rating: 5/5
 Buy it:  Barnes & Noble  or  Amazon

Happy Reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Very marverlous post! I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.
    Aion accounts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I am very impressed with the way you efficiently website and your posts are so informative. Many thanks for you. I hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete